Just like that?

by Mitch on 14/01/2005

I was listening to The Ataris this morning, and more importantly the song “Your Boyfriend Sucks” and it came across a quote I haven’t heard in a while. In a guitar bridge, there is a quite from Robert De Niro from the movie A Bronx Tale. It’s an awesome quote and for any guy in the dating game, you totally should take heed.

Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn’t reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.
Calogero ‘C’ Anello: Just like that?
Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn’t reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she’s a selfish broad and all you’re seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

No comments yet.

1. 14/01/2005Coops says:

hahahahaha!

Pardon my ignorance, but where’d you pull that little gem from?

2. 14/01/2005Mitch Malone says:

Hahaha, sorry, it’s from the movie A Bronx Tale and The Ataris’ song “Your Boyfriend Sucks”. I did write an intro, but for some reason (user error – lol) it got deleted before I posted it.

3. 14/01/2005riina says:

hehehe
    Great quote indeed. ^^

4. 14/01/2005The Backflipboy says:

I’d have to agree with De Niro on that.

It’s actually interesting to note that in these enlightened feminazi times, there are some women who want the equality, but also want to be treated like a lady should be.

Just a pedantic thing though, how did De Niro get outta the car AFTER he locked the doors?

5. 14/01/2005zith says:

hahaha man that is awesome, so true… love that quote too, and its a great movie… w00t

6. 14/01/2005Lord Shigeru says:

So Very True…. And a Very Easy Way To See If The Misses Does Think Of You. ^^

7. 15/01/2005Mel says:

Hey just came across this site and the words “the ataris” caught my eye. They’re a great band, one of my faves actually, seen em live once in Perth. Blues skies is a good album, didn’t really like their more recent albums as much as that one but they’re good to listen to on long plane trips haha.

By the way…haha yeh it’s a funny quote 😉

8. 31/08/2006Kasey says:

The quote from “A Bronx Tale”. It’s true. Any girl who is conciderate and pays attention and is watching out for her man will know to do. GUYS: Use this, it is a great test. A guy did it to me and I felt kind of proud that I had that quality.

9. 1/09/2006Mitch says:

@Mel: I wanna see the Atari’s live, I am so jealous!

@Kasey: Thanks for the comment, you should be glad you had the quality, De Niro was on to something I think. 😉